You must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED in order to become licensed in Florida.
- Successfully complete 63 classroom-hours of pre-licensing courses.
Exam and application requirements
- Submit a completed application, electronic fingerprints, and the fee.
- Pass the Florida Real Estate Sales Associate Examination with a grade of at least 75 out of 100 points or pass the Florida Real Estate Law Exam with a grade of at least 30 out of 40 points.
- Activate your license using the DBPR RE 11-Become Active – Sales Associate or Broker Sales Associate form, OR
- Have your employing broker activate your new license online using the broker’s online account.
- Successfully complete post-licensing course for sales associate consisting of at least 45 classroom-hours, before your initial sales license expires.
- Even if your license is inactive, you’ll still need to complete the post-licensing course before the license expires. You’ll need at least 45 classroom hours.